Friday, April 18, 2008

Wet

By the time I went to sleep, the rain still hadn't come.
I woke up around 6 a.m. to a "pit-pat" sound above my head. Raindrops would hit the top of my box, and the sound would amplify slightly in the hollow cavity of cardboard. I had a hard time getting back to sleep, but at least I wasn't wet.

Other things that woke me up this morning:
  • Memorial Union bell ringing repeatedly. Is this a Tap Day tradition?
  • Marines running and chanting through Lowry Mall.
  • Damp feet.
The damp feet was subtle, but it's what finally drove me out of my box. The top of the box was collecting a little water which was dripping into the far end near my feet.
We're going to clean up all the boxes around 10 a.m. Soggy cardboard doesn't do anyone any good. Still, I'm proud we made it through the night.

No comments: